Monday, November 10, 2008

Post Surgery Update - Day 6


Slowly, the tubes and wires are being removed from Liliana. The ventilator was removed a few days ago and she is getting a little oxygen. Only one IV connection remains in her neck and she has been eating from a bottle the past two days. Kim has also been able to hold her again. The doctors all say she is still doing great. They want to wean her a bit more from some of the remaining medications in hopes that she will be moved to the step-down unit tomorrow.

I have gone back to work as of today but Kim is still coming down to the hospital each day even though she is feeling a bit under the weather. When she gets to the step-down, feeding will be the next goal. It is hoped that she will not come home with her NG tube and so far she is feeding really well by mouth.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

wow, she looks just like my daughter did at six months old after her surgery. She is so beautiful. I prayer for all the best for your family. When my dauther was born in May of 07 we were surprised to learn she has Down syndrome and a heart defect that will require several surgeries throughout her life. Then in June my husband's grandmother passed while we were in the hospital after a re-admittance for an infection. Then in July, my husband's 59 year old mother suddenly was taken from us as well due to heart failure. And my 4 year old was lost in a sea of trips to the hospital. 2007 was a very dark time for us. My daughter eventually recovered and I count every day with her a blessing. Just do the best that you can with your work-life balance and love your family that way you will not have any regrets. Lilly will be in my prayers.